Effective Date May 15, 2017
By using the Site, you agree that the purpose of the Site is to function as an educational platform. Through your use of the Site you will be able to access and interact with informational materials and other community members. Any content uploaded by you to the Site constitutes the “User Content.” By using the Site, the Site will store a copy of your content. Additionally, any User Content that you share publicly or upload to third party programs can be viewed by other users, included in search results, or shared consistent with the Site’s policies.
1. Information Collected
The Site collects various types of information through your use of the Site. Each type is outlined below.
Information that You Provide Directly to the Site:
- This may include your name, username, password, email address, billing address, payment information, and phone number that are requested to subscribe to the Site or provide you with information or products that you request from the Site.
- All User Content that you enter into the Site, including profile information and comments.
- Any communications between you and the Site administrators such as for technical support, security notices, or notices of changes to the Site. You cannot opt-out of Site-related emails.
- From time to time, the Site may use third-party analytics tools to collect data about trends in traffic and visitors’ usage of the Site. The information gathered by these third parties is anonymized and aggregated and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site may collect information about your activity on the Site including data and statistics about how you use the Site and how you interact with Site’s features. This information will be aggregated and used to help improve the Site, and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site collects information about the content you provide including any metadata associated with the content you upload and how that content is used within the Site.
- When you access the Site, we may gather device-specific information such as the type of device being used, the operating system and version, the browser being used, the language, the wireless network or mobile network information, phone number, or other unique device identifiers.
- We may collect information about your location including city, state, and country when you access the Site with your consent through methods like GPS, cellular towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other wireless network information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Log File Information
- Log file information is data that is generated and retained each time you use the Site. This includes details like when you access the Site, your IP address, what device you are using, how you use the Site, pages and you view, and crash reports.
2. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
All information collected through your use of the Site is to improve the Site and its service. We may use this information to: develop and improve our product; fix security issues; remove bugs; monitor usage; identify trends; personalize services for your account; improve our advertising content; verify your identity; and enforce our usage policies. While this list is not exhaustive, it is representative.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We will never sell or lease your information to third parties. However, there are some instances where we share your information. These include:
- Sharing your public profile information and User Content with other users of the Site
- Sharing any information you have specifically authorized us to share
- Sharing content you post to the extent of your User Content privacy settings
- Any public information you post or create using the Site may also be shared with the public or our business partners
There are also instances when we may share information gathered from you in aggregate form with other data, in which case it will not be identifiable to you. Situations where this information may be shared include:
- With third party service providers, we engage to help analyze our performance and improve our services
- With potential advertisers to demonstrate our demographics
We may also be required to share your information for legal reasons if the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the applicable law, a government request, or legal proceedings
- Investigating or enforcing any violations of the Site’s usage policies
- Protecting our rights and those of other users
4. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
Your information will be stored in the United States or in any other country where the Site maintains servers. We use all commercially reasonable methods to secure your information and take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to your account. However, there is always a potential risk of inadvertent disclosure when transmitting information over the Internet and you agree to hold the Site harmless for any such disclosures or interference.
5. OPTING OUT
You may limit our collection of information about your use of the Site in the following ways:
- Disabling cookies on your browser
- Unsubscribing from e-mail communications
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
This Site is not intended for or directed at anyone under the age of thirteen (13) and this Site does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13).
8. CONTACT US